A next-generation firewall (NGFW) is a part of the third generation of firewall technology, combining a traditional firewall with other network device filtering functions, such as an application firewall using in-line deep packet inspection (DPI), an intrusion prevention system (IPS). Other techniques might also be employed, such as TLS/SSL encrypted traffic inspection, website filtering, QoS/bandwidth management, antivirus inspection and third-party identity management integration. Features of NGFW that is
- Block more attacks with Real-Time Deep Memory Inspection (RTDMI) & Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection (RFDPI) technologies
- Prevent advanced threats with cloud-based and on-box threat prevention featuring multi-engine sandboxing, anti-malware, intrusion prevention, web filtering and more
- Decrypt and inspect TLS/SSL and SSH traffic in real time
- Gain faster performance through a high-speed multi-core hardware architecture
- Add high-speed wireless using the built-in wireless controller
There’s many features on Sonicwall NGFW, you can check it on their official website below.